Monday, September 18, 2006

Writer's Blockade


Writer's Blockade: A refreshing fruit drink that writers drink when they're stuck.


There are two things wrong with that statement: One, it isn't in the least true. Two: Even were there such a thing, I'll bet that it wouldn't work.

Which is to lead into this:

No, I haven't finished the Eulogy for the America We Knew. Sorry....

One reason is that I have a problem with my neck, nerves are under pressure, and I'm bloody well uncomfortable. Amazingly, I avoided rancid profanity in that statement. I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping, and concentrating is a little tough. The doctor is calling tomorrow with the results of the MRI, and will undoubtedly tell me something I don't want to hear. Well, except for the part where, I do hope, I find out when this will be over.

The other thing is that where I originally felt that I knew where I was going and to what historical source I wanted to quote, now my mind seems to be considering a wider perspective. So, I'm also ruminating about whether what I'm trying to communicate about is only the America we knew at the dawn of September 12, 2001, or, does it involve talking about the meaning and message behind the "eulogies" for all of the "Americas we knew" that I remember from my lifetime? Very interesting and intriguing, at least to me. Then again, I can hardly be called impartial on that question.

Now, the easy way out would be to sneak in and delete the original post & subsequent reference. Nah, that would be chicken; also, I'm interested to see what I do when I say that I'm going to write something about a matter of significance before I finish doing so. That means that I'm pretty much implying that it's going to be good stuff, and worth waiting for.

Oh, what's the worst that could happen? I could fall flat on my face and fail utterly.

I'm game!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: